Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Faceplate gloat @ Sears

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 11:05:50 -0600, John DeBoo wrote:

Not bad... what are you going to use them for?
(I used up several when i built my Vacuum system)

I'll do some goblets and small bowls with the 4", not sure w/ the 8".
They'll be used on a Jet Midi for the time being but the 8" might be a
bit much for it.

Yeah.. I would say so.. *g*
I just held a 9" disk up to the chuck on my mini and could barely get the tool
rest to slide under it..

One piece units with a squared threaded hub.

that's the type I prefer... I feel like they're more stable and you have
something besides the faceplate to grab if it's hard to unscrew...

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis