Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Is this true about HD ????

"Steve B" wrote in message
news:E0xYf.11157$I%6.1573@fed1read12...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message
news:mrvYf.11149$I%6.9566@fed1read12...

This is America. Love it or leave it. If you love it, learn to speak
at least conversational English within one year. If you can't, you are
so stupid that you won't make a good citizen anyway. There is no reason
for us to provide you with literature and signs in your native language.
Especially for those of you who have been here for ten years, and still
can't speak English.

Not hateful, just the facts, maam.

Steve

The "fact" is that the best time to learn language is from birth to age
8-ish, although some people have a unique knack for it for their entire
lives. New languages can be a bitch to learn, and lame attitudes toward
immigrants don't help at all. The best way to learn is through
immersion - being dumped right into a new language environment where you
have no choice.

Just the facts. If you doubt them, call your nearest school and ask to
speak to an experienced speech therapist. You won't do that, though.

What the **** is that supposed to mean? You won't do that?

FYI, retard, I'm currently in Spanish lessons. I feel this is necessary.
So would I if I was planning an extended trip to a Spanish speaking
country.

Steve

What it means that I doubt you'll actually pick up the phone and ask to
speak to a speech therapist about why it takes longer (or forever) for
adults to pick up a second language.

By the way, here's a response that's not allowed - it's already been crushed
in lots of other identical discussions: "I'm taking language lessons, and
they can, too". It's not always true, for any number of obvious reasons.