Posted to alt.home.repair
JerryL

Default Is this true about HD ????

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"JerryL" wrote in message

My parents, their families and millions of others came here many years
ago. They had to learn the language and went to night schools to do so.

While they were learning, did they have servants to venture out into the
world for them to buy food, or did they find merchants who spoke their
native language?

In those days, people with similar languages or that came from similar
countries used to settle in certain areas so that you could always find
someone that spoke your language. I remember as a kid going into stores and
when the storekeeper starting speaking their native tongue to my mother, she
would reply "Speak English or we will never learn how to".