Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sump Pump Backup battery question

Although the floor of my basement is higher than the lowest area on my
street, I would have to go pretty far out, 10 houses down, to be able
to do that gravitiy drain cost effectively. Supposedly there should be
a check valve on my system joining the sewer system. If it gets
jammed, my own water could flood my basement.

The discharge is to the side of the house where it runs to the street
(assuming its not absorbed by my front yard first).

Regarding the post about the water pump, I considered it, but I knew
someone whose basement flooded because of his water pump getting jammed
and the water from the pump just fed back into his sump container
somehow. Besides, their flow rates versus cost were not as appealing
as the other options.

Thanks for all the replies.