Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

Default Looking for old adverts for houses in 1970s

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 10:52:25 +0100, Owain
wrote:

MM wrote:
Ours was massive. My parents ran it as an old people's home. 19
bedrooms set in 3 acres. But they rented it. I want to find prices of
similar properties at the time (mid 1970s).

There possibly aren't that many *similar* properties to a
nineteen-bedroom house; if there are particular properties that you know
of meeting your criteria then the Land Registry might be a
better/quicker place to search. More recent house prices can be got free
on the internet.

But in this case it's 1970s prices I'm interested in. The online land
registry stuff (at least, on RightMove) only goes back five years.

MM