Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Garage door lift cable

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 11:22:38 -0400, "RichK" wrote:

Hi,

Door lift cable got kinked and I'm replacing it. The door is good 20 years
at least, maybe more.

New cable does not have a reinforcement in the loop attaching to the door
itself.

This make the cable rubbing on the pin. In the old cable the bearing
surface was between the pin on the door bracket and the small (1in dia)
insert in the cable loop.

Seems the old design was better. Anyone look at this bit lately?

Are you referring to the ferrule, I think it is called?

They sell those separately, near the wire cable. (Even if that isn't
the right name)

Maybe you could buy one, trim it if necessary, and put it in the new
cable.

RichK