Posted to rec.woodworking
77clearly

Default Powder Post Beetles!!! Help!

Hi all. I'm somewhat new to woodworking, but dove in and am trying to swim.
However, I think I got duped. I bought a pretty large supply of black
walnut. I've noticed sawdust piles among the wood, which I am aware is the
tell-tale sign of beetles (is it wood post or powder post beetle? no
matter). There are the small holes in the wood to confirm my fears.
The seller is long gone. How do I get rid of these things?? They may have
actually come from some old shelving I tore down to put up my wood rack, so
I may not be the seller's fault. I can't trash all of this wood, it's
something like 500 bf, and is in good shape for the most part (at least
what's visible).
Does anyone know of any pesticides I can use? Where to get them? Who to
call?
HELP!