Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

Default Looking for old adverts for houses in 1970s

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:51:36 GMT, dave wrote:

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 20:22:04 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , MM
writes
I am looking for old adverts from property pages in local newspapers
in England in the mid 1970s. Haven't found anything on the internet so
far.

Ask your local carpet fitters etc to look out for what people have under
their carpets etc

Not quite what you are looking for but I came across some pre-war Country Life
type mags. It was just great to read things like:. House 5 bathrooms, 8 bedrooms
etc etc. Includes stables various outbuilding and approx 10 acres of land. etc
Price £10000 (or something silly like that) sigh

Ours was massive. My parents ran it as an old people's home. 19
bedrooms set in 3 acres. But they rented it. I want to find prices of
similar properties at the time (mid 1970s).

MM