Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default New Bathroom - cost?

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 22:08:22 GMT, DJC
wrote:

Gav wrote:
DJC wrote:
Stuart wrote:
£5000 for a bog ....You crazy ..lol
cheap, mine is 2m^2 and cost 12,000+

wait, how do you spend 12k in a room that is your front door's length?
unless you fill it with benson and hedges or gold then it would be hard!
unless of course labour was 10k????????

Wedi Fundo tray, wall boards and tanking kit. 681.00
tiles 776.30
WC, frame, cistern, 549.63
Thermo shower valve, head etc 447.39
basin, trap, and mixer tap 479.42
radiator 407.00
sundry materials, plumbing, tiling etc 630.00
______
Total Main contract materials 3,970.74
Main contract labour
17 days @ 250 + parking 4,422.80
VAT 1,468.87

10mm toughened pre-acid glass partition & door 1,198.04
measure and fit glass 860.00
VAT 360.16

DIY stuff
extract fan, ducting 184.31 (inc VAT)
suspended ceiling 146.78 (inc VAT)
sundry stuff, tools 300.00

I've lost count of the numerous odd bits of expenditure, in B&Q,
homebase, Wickes, Ryness, Buck & Ryan, Leyland SDM, etc which easily
take the above total to over 13,000. Not to mention the time its taken
up over the past year, or the living in the middle of a workshop for
best part of two years.

Put up a shelf this evening, if I can get the floor back down in the
entrance lobby next weekend, then I might get all the rubbish down to
the dump by easter. Then there's just the making good to the paintwork
in the main room, and the skirting boards that came off two years ago
can be reinstated, and bringing the residents association to agreement
about decorating and repairing common parts, and some improved windows,
and...

£407 for a radiator ..FFS..