Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Oil Burner Questions

The reset is not a breaker. If you push it and the burner starts, it means
the aquastat is already in the closed position. There are several reasons
why the primary control may be opening, all of which are best determined by
someone with proper testing equipment

"homeguy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Beckett head on a Bock Hot water heater. The heater was
shutting off and cavitating (pulsating). I changed the pump and nozzle
and the pulsating went away. However, the burner still shuts off and
trips the breaker on the controls. I've replaced the light sensor,
transformer, controls and checked the gap on the electrodes.
Everything looked fine. I'm wondering if the aquastat could be causing
the burner not to light at times. When I press the breaker button the
burner heats the ho****er to temp. Then for some reason, over night it
pops the breaker on the control. ALso, the boiler is on the same line
and it rund and shuts off fine. Any suggestions?