Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland

Default C-5 crash...Fixable?

Saw a pic on Fox, the front quarter is snapped off and laying at right
angle to the rest. Wings are still attached, some fire on the ground
behind the inboard right engine, but not big. Looks like a puddle of fuel.

Just on Fox again. They had mechanical trouble and were coming back to
land. Went in a couple hundred yards short of the runway in a field. All
fires are out.

Michelle wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:
A C-5 crashed near Dover AFB...looks fixable to me but, will it be
parted out and scraped? I'll bet the seatcovers are a lost cause.

any pictures? otherwise why did you post this?
Michelle