Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L

Default tying in - 73mm bricks abutting 65mm brick design

wrote:
My extension will be built against the neighbours party wall, so
visually, I will be extending the rear wall from her extension across
mine. Her extension is built in the older 73mm bricks I think,
My design is standard 65mm bricks and 215mm high blocks inner leaf.
The design is to use wall starter plates anyway, to avoid cracking
with the different foundations, so there will be some visual
discontinuity there anyway. But should I just use 65mm bricks and
have the join looking rather obvious, or try to use the 73mm bricks ?
I'm not sure how this would fit with the inner leaf. Can you get
taller blocks ?
TIA,
Simon.

You just get normal ties and normal blocks, this is something that brickies
have to contend with every day, they just bend the ties up or down to reach
the course of brickwork, this is normal procedure and the BCO will have seen
it thousands of times.
They'll look like this after it's built:
_ ___
____/

OR:
____