Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default tying in - 73mm bricks abutting 65mm brick design

My extension will be built against the neighbours party wall, so
visually, I will be extending the rear wall from her extension across
mine. Her extension is built in the older 73mm bricks I think,
My design is standard 65mm bricks and 215mm high blocks inner leaf. The
design is to use wall starter plates anyway, to avoid cracking with the
different foundations, so there will be some visual discontinuity there
anyway. But should I just use 65mm bricks and have the join looking
rather obvious, or try to use the 73mm bricks ?
I'm not sure how this would fit with the inner leaf. Can you get taller
blocks ?
TIA,
Simon.