Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
wayne mak

Default How do you handle a HAZ?

Try these endmills
http://www.wttool.com/c/09420005p
they are very cheap and I have used the 1" double ended in my horizontal
mill to clean off torch cut edges. I bought them for that reason. I think
they were $2.00 each at the time, thats $1.00 per end and they hold up good,
not the smoothest cut but they have cleaned up my torch cutting. I by no
means an a good torch cutter. Let me know what size can fit you mill I have
a few extra 15/16. I have used the 2, 3 and 4 flutes.
"Gunner" wrote in message
How do you guys handle working with a HAZ on plate? Heat Affected
Zone..on flame cut plate.

Its driving me nuts trying to square up some rectangles of flame cut
4130

Im doing it now...on a shaper..simply because it was killing my
endmills

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3