Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris and Pamela

Default T1.6L fuse?

This is what it looks like,
http://home.columbus.rr.com/hillbillybuddha/fuse1.jpg this is the EXACT fuse
I'm referring to. It's from a Dell 5650 subwoofer. The fuse was replaced and
it now works fine, I just wanted to buy extras to have on hand, KWIM?

FWIW, the blown fuse was from a Sony subwoofer and has been replaced and
working fine now. The system was powered down at the time of the overload,
it was a surge from the power co that did it. Had to get our DVR replaced,
it even blew the streetlight. Everything is now on surge protectors, even
non-obvious stuff.

"Mr Fixit" wrote in message

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article t5FXf.327$4S.163@edtnps82,
"Chris and Pamela" wrote:

Sorry that link doesn't work. Here's one that does.
http://users.eastlink.ca/~chrisandpam/fuse3.jpg

*That* fuse looks like it's marked 2.5A. Is that or is that not the
exact fuse you're talking about?

and looking at the state of it replacing it wont make any difference its
blown quite convincingly not just a slight overload and I would bet the
new one will look the same a few microseconds after switch on