Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Faceplate gloat @ Sears

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:50:18 -0700, John DeBoo wrote:

I'm strooling through the clearence section this afternoon and there in
front of me are brand spanking new still boxed faceplates. I got a 4"
and an 8" for $3.97 & $5.97 respectively. Reg price, $19.99 & $25.99.
Both w/ 1"x8tpi. Pretty danged hard to beat that deal.
Grandpa John in Albuquerque

Not bad... what are you going to use them for?
(I used up several when i built my Vacuum system)

Are they the flat type that thread on, or the ones that have a threaded hub
attached?

We have a couple of shop teachers and some turning teachers in our club that
bring in "junque" boxes of old stuff, mostly Craftsman and Delta... free to good
home..

I'm not sure if Craftsman and Delta sold more labels, or like Harleys, they
leave more parts laying around?

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis