Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default 20mm PVC electric conduit Capacity

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:56:15 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be "Lawrence
Zarb" wrote this:-

I have a 2in perimeter trench around the floor to lay the cable in, and
will fill the trench with concrete once the cable is laid

Why not do it properly, with suitably sized conduit or trunking?
This would have inspection hatches where appropriate (certainly at
the corners and where the junctions for the sockets are) and draw
strings. Given that you will have mechanical protection up to the
sockets why not wire the circuits with singles, rather then twin &
earth? Then it can be extended and new circuits added with ease.

Is the lighting circuit just passing through the room?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh