Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Extending audio / video feeds ..?

Hi All,

If one wanted to extend (say) the composite video and l/r audio
signals from (say) a DVD player to a screen in another area (about 7m
as the cable runs .. and assuming one doesn't need planning
permission or Part P Annex A ("Re-wiring audio equipment in yer own
home")) what would be the best cable to use for the least losses /
issues please?

I believe the video needs a ~75 ohm co-ax and I'm also aware some of
the 'better' cables can get quite big but this cable needs to
terminate in a basic phono connector? It will probably be 'lost' in
the floorspace / trunking down an internal wall ..

Would the L/R audio leads *ideally* need to be individually screened
(to prevent xtalk) and if so do they do a 'Figure-of-eight' cable
(video+2 x audio) that would give decent specs and still keep the
audio cables separate (assuming that matters etc)?

The audio cct is yer typical 1V p'p 'Aux' type role (ie not phono
etc).

I don't need made-up-leads so stuff off a roll would be ideal?

All the best ..

T i m