Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Johnson

Default laminate in bathroom

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 10:23:10 GMT, "Tricia"
wrote:

Hi the time has come for hubby to redo the bathroom and he has suggested
laminate for the floor, as he is getting old and thinks it will be easier to
wipe up drips? round the toilet. Present floor covering is carpet. However I
am a bit wary as to it becoming slippy when stepping out of the bath. Does
bathroom grade laminate become slippy when wet?

Consider using 'real' timber instead of laminate. Unless it's properly
sealed laminate will delaminate if/when it gets wet. I forget the make
I used a couple of years ago but it's solid timber, like a modern
version of tongue and groove. It may cost a bit more than laminate but
as most bathrooms aren't that large the extra cost is not that much.
(And I agree with the point about getting it under the WC, much
better, whatever you use.)