Posted to uk.d-i-y
huLLy

Default New Bathroom - cost?

Peter Lynch wrote:
On 2006-04-02, huLLy wrote:
I have an average sized bathroom, I want a supplier to rip out the
old (everything goes including tiles) and replace with, say a 600
quid suite, retile and floor. In a round ball park figure, (Such as
B&Q doing the install..) how much? I don't want to go over 5k really?

Funnily enough, I'm looking to get the same sort of work done, so
I'd be interested in knowing what quotes you get (notwithstanding
the "it depends" views aired here).
On a practical note, the time it will take is an issue too. Unless
you have a second bathroom (or _very_ accommodating neighbours) what
provision are you making for err, sanitation until the installation's
complete?

I was hoping a typical pro installer would do it in about 5 working days, so
we'd prob use the parents in laws facilities... or dig a trench in the
garden!
--
huLLy,
Methsods in Maaaadness.. an arresting experience!