Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kelley Mascher

Default How do you handle a HAZ?

I have an old ceramics kiln that I use to anneal flame cut steel. So
far the normal cool down in the sealed kiln is slow enough. It's
probably more of a normalization that a true anneal but it's good
enough.

Kelley

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 00:52:32 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

How do you guys handle working with a HAZ on plate? Heat Affected
Zone..on flame cut plate.

Its driving me nuts trying to square up some rectangles of flame cut
4130

Im doing it now...on a shaper..simply because it was killing my
endmills

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3