Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William B Noble (don't reply to this address)

Default ping mr. noble

it looks like your questions have been answered. If it holds wood
well enough for you to do what you need to do, then you got a good
deal. there is my "booklet" on vac chucking which you can find on my
web site, www.wbnoble.com - it will give you a table of holding forces
versus the amount of vacuum.

note - if this pumpuses oil, be sure to point the exhaust into a can
or something so you dont' get oil all over everything - and you don't
want to be breathing oily mist.

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:45:59 GMT, skeezics wrote:

hi william. i just came into posession of a vacume pump. it is a
shuco. ser # 1182664 if that helps. that is the only info on the pump
i can find. it has a guage on it and when running if i hold my finger
over the inlet it registers almost 22 cm hg. will this have enough
power to use for turning small bowls? thanks.

skeez

Bill

www.wbnoble.com

to contact me, do not reply to this message,
instead correct this address and use it

will iam_ b_ No ble at msn daught com