Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default drainage away from house?

James Lewis wrote:

Our house is on a slope of about 10 degrees and our west side is on the
uphill side. Each time we get a heavy rain, the rain from the houses west of
us drains down to our house and we causes water to seep into the west wall
and gets the carpets wet.

What kind of professional should I call to fix this? A landscaper? general
contractor? etc?

Mike

You might get away with putting in a berm that directs flow away from
the house - plant raised shrub or flower beds. Just some raised
landscaping timbers might do the trick. Pretty much depends on
surroundings and where the water goes if you direct it away from your
lot line. Drainage ditch to the curb? A landscape architect could
probably handle it.