Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Who Is Responsible For My Neighbors Tree Hanging In My Yard?

clipped
Attitude was, "Well, I didn't PLANT the tree, and I don't care if it
falls on your garage or on you." After citing ordinances about dangerous
trees, hazards, nuisances and a willingness to pursue other action, he
finally did get it taken down some four months later. We haven't spoken
much since.

Thirty years ago I lived in a rental dump that had a huge oak in the
yard. "Y" shaped trunk that had been partially split and cabled
together before I lived there. When it got windy, we could hear the two
halves grind together. Still there last time I looked ) If it comes
down on the house, there will be no more house.

I've moved away from some great neighbors - I had one whom I had never
met who strolled over to see what the strange man in my yard was doing -
it was just the repair guy for the sprinkler system. Neighbor was just
looking out for me. I have met some of the most miserable neighbors in
the world, and some of the most delightful strangers ) I can't pull
off the road without the next car stopping to see if I need help. Mebbe
they just feel sorry for people who drive '84 Buicks )