Posted to rec.woodworking
Gary

Default Gluing Felt to Wood

"Mike Marlow" wrote

Maybe soon(?) I'll get around to knocking something together. I've been
promising myself to do this forever, so I guess I should get around to it.
If so, I'll post a picture in the binaries group.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, Mike: Mine is only a
temporary solution (until I build my "I Love Me" room, at the latest (grin))
and I am already trying to dream up something that's just as functional as
this one but more decorative.

Interestingly, I didn't put a ton of thought into the number of holes, but
just spaced them far enough apart such that I *thought* there'd be room for
rods to be stored side-by-side with reels on 'em. 2 problems: I only
condsidered fly reels when I came up with the spacing (my spin rods don't
fit), and I mounted the rack at one end of the room so I can't set 'em up
there in an alternating (head/toe/head/toe) manner.

Another boo-boo: I guessed at the number of holes to drill and was quite
happy when I tossed my rods up there. Then, as I walked around the house and
started adding more rods in various stages of construction (I build my own
fly rods) as I found them tucked here 'n' there, I quickly ran out of
room... Oh MY! Not only do I need a bigger rack, but I may also have to seek
professional help for this apparent addiction....

As another temporary solution, I'm going to add another set of holders
(maybe 12" shorter) above the current ones. So, I'll go from this (end
view):

to this:

(gee, I hope the news service keeps all those spaces in there!)

Cheers!

Gary