Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default laminate in bathroom

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Tricia wrote:
Hi the time has come for hubby to redo the bathroom and he has
suggested laminate for the floor, as he is getting old and thinks it
will be easier to wipe up drips? round the toilet. Present floor
covering is carpet. However I am a bit wary as to it becoming slippy
when stepping out of the bath. Does bathroom grade laminate become
slippy when wet?

Depends on the finish, you can get laminates with a textured surface.

Fitting laminate in a bathroom is a bugger of a job, loads of cutting around
pipes etc. Don't buy the click together type where you have to lift one
edge to click the joint in - get the type that clicks in when flat.

I reckon its quicker & easier sometimes to actually remove the WC bowl and
basin pedestal rather than cut round them - also gives a much better finish
and no potential water ingress.

Another lateral approach is to use those rubber backed bathmats..and
wash the drips out once a week (cold wash only)

I hate carpet in bathrooms. We have gone 'all tiled'..fine with enough
central heating.