Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer

Default Scooter transmission oil is SE = EP

mike wrote:
Guy King wrote in
:

he is asking about transmission oil, not engine oil.

I know that, but the subject had drifted onto 2-stroke oil and I was
answering the comment about self-mizing 2-strokes pumping the oil
through the crank.

That was for wimps, I had to put it in the fanny barnett's tank, pick the
bil[g]e[?] up and give it a shake.

Villiers....MMmmm

I'm just trying to think what was used in the transmition of olde
ynglishe 2strokes. And what the alternative to a Francis Barnett was. I
know I had one but that's all.

Anyway it was after that that some Russian or Ironic-hurting
country-man invented the oilway through the crank idea and gave Jawa an
all too brief, 15 minutes of fame.

And if that had transmission oil.

I remember a friend had a Suzuki TS 90 (a lovely bike I wouldn't mind a
modern example of) that he was forever having trouble with. Apparantly
he never ever put oil of any kind in it.