Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Who Is Responsible For My Neighbors Tree Hanging In My Yard?

"Ron" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Ron wrote:
My neighbor has an oak tree that hasn't been pruned in years and there
are 2 branches / limbs that are so low in my yard I can touch them.

Who's responsibility is it to have the tree pruned?

In general, you can trim the branchs back to the property line as long
as you don't destroy the tree in the process. Unless the tree is an
obvious danger due to rot, damage, etc, in most places in the US the
neighbor isn't legally obligated to trim it if its just branches
extending over the property line.

Well that sucks if I have to pay to have it pruned. Although I can
touch the branches the limbs are about 30 ft up. I'm probably looking
at about (guessing) $400 if not more.

You must have made a great BB player. Able to reach 30 feet!