Gunner

Default OT_Heavily armed NRA Sheep

On 27 Oct 2003 14:41:14 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.a...20031024a.html

Hmm. "Re-victimize." I'm not sure I understand what
that means.

This having been said, I think I'd like law passed that
nobody could sue me, either.

Jim

I see your reading comprehension issues have not improved any....sigh.
You really really need to work on it.

"Contrary to the claim of the anti-gun activists, the proposal
specifically authorizes suits for negligence and other factors they
said would be exempted, including lawsuits brought against firearms or
ammunition manufacturers, distributors or dealers for:

illegally selling or otherwise providing guns or ammunition to a
person with the knowledge that they will be used in a violent or drug
trafficking crime;

negligence or negligently providing firearms or ammunition when the
seller knew or should have known that doing so was not safe;

harm directly caused by intentional violations of state or federal
laws concerning the sale or marketing of firearms and ammunition;

breach of contract or warranty in connection with the purchase of the
product; or

physical injuries or property damage resulting directly from a defect
in design or manufacture of the firearm or ammunition, when used as
intended.

In each of the types of lawsuits allowed by the bill, the suit may
proceed only if it is brought by a person directly harmed or injured
by the allegedly illegal or negligent action, or by that person's
estate, if deceased.

Anti-gun mayors and county administrators would no longer be allowed
to sue gun makers in an attempt to recover the costs of medical
treatment for firearms injuries caused by criminals. They could,
however, still sue the criminal who was actually responsible for the
injuries."

Yes Jim..the more I think about it..you NEED to read Unintended
Consequences. If need be..Ill get you a copy.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry