Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Looking for source of spare parts for Dyson appliances (other than Dyson!)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a source of spare parts for Dyson
appliances?. I'm not talking spare brushes and filters here, I mean the
internal parts - motors, switches, that retractable mains lead caddy that
they have in the DC02?.

Basically, I have a Dyson DC02 vacuum cleaner which has a broken mains lead
caddy, that I would dearly like to replace. I've already had the cleaner a
part and it's a piece of **** to replace the caddy, provided I can get a new
one!.

I don't particularly want to involve Dyson, especially if it's got to go
away to be "fixed", as other wise the cleaner is in working order.

TIA,

Willard.