Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob G.

Default Woodsmith scammers

On 30 Mar 2006 13:31:16 GMT, Bruce Barnett
wrote:

On the same note, I just got a renewal notice for ShopNotes.
2 years for $39.90.

The web site lists 2 years at $34.

To be honest, the notice included a bonus - Index for issues 1-84.
The web site includes a bonus of "The Complete Small Shop"

But this does tick me off. I've been a charter subscriber of ShopNotes,
and a subscriber of WoodSmith since volume 3.

Apparently being a charter member means they can charge you more.

===========================
Guess you are NO YOUNGSTER either... I have been a Woodsmith
Subscriber since Issue number ONE... (the 3 or 4 page 1st issue..lol)

I have also beend a shopnotes subscriber from the get go although I
really can't say too much for it.

Never thru out a singel issue BUT also never stored them in a way that
I could find a "specific" issue...without sopending a couple of days
looking...

As for the Price...I really have no idea of what I paid...all I can
say is when its cold and misserable outside and I want to relax just
picking up an old issue usually can get me " into a project" and
allows me to loose myself in the shop and forget about the weather,
the wife, the bills, etc...

Over the last 40 or so years Woodsmith has earned its place in my
shop. garage, and TV room... The wife keeps them out of the Bathroom

Bob G.