Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim

Default Gluing Felt to Wood

John B wrote:
I'm making a guitar stand and want to glue felt to the wood where the guitar
touches the stand. I tried rubber cement, but it made the felt funky. Any
suggestions?

John you should try a glue used for almost 100 years in the shoe
industry! It is called "BARGE CEMENT". It is used to glue soles on to
shoes and liners inside leather shoes. It works on many different
materials and permanately bonds dissimilar items. A bit hard to find
but if you have an "oldtimer" shoe repair store they should carry it!
Without being too forward I also carry it on my website in a small 2
oz. tube, (I manufacture various handtools and accessories for
woodworking and old lathes and this glue is used to bond the ends of
the leather belts used to power these older machines so you know it has
to be good stuff!).
Tim Q
www.alisam.com
"A-LEE-SAM"