Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback

Default Toolstation .My First Order

Guy King wrote:
The message
from Richard Conway contains these words:

The council take long enough to sort things out when a member of the
public reports it

Ours aren't too bad. In a few weeks the locals here (including me) start
a services committee whose job is to "beat the bounds" quarterly and
ensure that service level agreements are being stuck to[1].
Better, we get the power to negotiate SLAs in the first place! It'll be
interesting to compare what we get compared to other parts of the
borough - for example, I suspect the bit the Chief Exec lives in gets
its streets swept without having to call the council on each occasion.

[1] And no, we won't be letting the council know in advance exactly when
we're doing it so they can scurry round and tart the place up in a
hurry.

If the road/pavement needs mending write/email tell them you almost had
an accident and that you are keeping a record in case the damage causes
an accident. That usually shifts them!