Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Chase

Default ot - ccw, scanning for threats.

"Gunner" wrote...
[ snip ]
There is a reason those children were born with that talent..and there
is a reason they may lose it as they get older. The first is that
its a survival trait..the second is called complacency or having
programmed the back brain well enough that its running the macro in
the background.

Btw..there is no ongoing battle of wills here..to suggest otherwise is
buffoonery. Its a discussion about cultures, facing ones personal
reality visa vis where they live and how to grow old enough to be a
bother to ones great grand children.

An interesting world view...that one may subscribe to, that has much
valitity:

"Be kind, be polite, be courtious, and be prepared to kill/run from
everyone you meet"..

while on the surface sounds bizzare..particularly those who exist in a
state of blind bliss..but it has serious real world survival value,
more so in some locales that in others. Those that are unable to
fathom this..are called in some quarters..Bliss Ninnies. Or the
Dead. Shrug.

"Be kind, be polite, be courtious and be prepared to dodge rapidly
from everyone you meet" is what you use when driving..right?

I wonder..did all those folks at Port Arthur also go through life as
bliss ninnies?..short as their life was?

I find it fascinating that one individual with a lowly .22 could have
stopped that tragedy cold.

Likewise Columbine High School.... Likewise the "day trader" incident in
Atlanta.... Likewise....

Paranoia..gun induced. I guess thats where there are so many shooting
sprees at gun shows, hunting camps and police headquarters, eh?

None are so blind as those who WILL NOT see.

-jc-