Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Wanderer

Default Scooter transmission oil is SE = EP

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:45:29 GMT, wrote:

"Guy King" wrote in message
The message . com
from "Weatherlawyer" contains these words:

I imagine that the self mixing modern engines pump the oil through the
crank journals and needs to be fairly fluid.

Don't know about now, but they /used/ to just dribble it into the inlet
port just downstream of the carb.

he is asking about transmission oil, not engine oil.

Oh, c'mon. Thread drift? In uk.d-i-y? Happens all the time, where sooo many
posters have this irrestible urge to air their (sometimes limited or
misleading[1]) knowledge. :-)

[1] I make no comment about the accuracy of the earlier posts - I don't
know enough about two-stroke engines to comment.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net