Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertM

Default 90°C Wire for Recessed Light?

"KJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I am installing a recessed light in the kitchen.

The box says the wire must be rated to 90° C (as opposed to 60° C).

The kitchen lights are wired with standard NMB 12/3.

Is this acceptable? I don't see the temp rating on the wire.

Also, would 14/3 NMB be acceptable?

Thanks in advance.

-KJ

Should be a wire type printed on there. I checked the type number when I was
wiring mine and the spec was 85 degrees C on NMB. One light I have says it
should be rated 100 degrees C but none of the stores around here sell NMB
rated at 100 degrees C. I did buy some special 200 degrees C wire from a
mail order house in New York State when I wired by baseboard heaters.

Bob