Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet clogs repeatedly...

How do you know when "acid" is needed?
By the way I did try some acid a few months back to clean scratches
from the porcelain (which it did). Maybe not enough to have an effect
on any clogs but the toilet did see a few ounces of acid flushed down.

Go buy some acid under 5 bucks, muriatic. and a funnel!

DONT USE ANY OTHER CLEANERS OR ANYTHING IN TOILET AND FLUSH PLAIN WATER
A FEW TIMES BEFORE DOING THIS!

Wear eye protection, plunge toilet to get bowl water level as low as
possible, sponge remainder into bucket if you can, the less water the
more effective the acid

open window, insert funnel in dip tube opening in tank.our about a cup
of acid carefully in funnel dont splash.

then pour about a cup into bowl directly dont spash.

leave room shut door.

wait 15 minutes and flush toilet.like 10 tmes with plain water to
dilute and remove acid from your ghome plumbing lines

now try for a few days. any more clogs?

the clog helped by acid is in the bowl rim, the acid dissolves it. very
easy

you usually note when flushed with plain water the water just swirls
around and doesnt move with force down the drain