Posted to alt.home.repair
crapper

Default Toilet clogs repeatedly...

" writes:

the clogged hole will show up in troubleshoting as a fluses fine with a
bucket of water response.

Why will the bucket flush ok if the trap hole is clogged?

I recently fixed a long troublesome toilet for a friend. 4 bucks worth
of acid cleaned the bowl rim and passages. toilet works fine today.

actually I only used 1/2 of the acid, so total repair 2 bucks

How do you know when "acid" is needed?
By the way I did try some acid a few months back to clean scratches
from the porcelain (which it did). Maybe not enough to have an effect
on any clogs but the toilet did see a few ounces of acid flushed down.