Posted to alt.home.repair
crapper

Default Toilet clogs repeatedly...

Goedjn writes:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:31:13 GMT, crapper wrote:

OK... so this is a little embarassing...
"large" the toilet tends to clog. It happens almost all the time if I

. . .
Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot this? I would prefer not to remove
the toilet if I don't have too...

Try dumping a bucket of water instead of flushing with the
handle. If the problem goes away, then your issue is
upstream of the bowl. If it doesn't, then the issue is
downstream of the bowl.

Well, when it is clogged, I have tried filling the bowl to the brim
(which should be as good as a bucket full, right?). Some of the time
the extra head of pressure clears it but most of the time I still need
the trusty plunger.

If you are saying that I should try the bucket *before* I get a clog,
how will I know whether the bucket helped or whether it would not have
clogged anyway?