Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused

Default Gluing Felt to Wood

John B wrote:
I'm making a guitar stand and want to glue felt to the wood where the guitar
touches the stand. I tried rubber cement, but it made the felt funky. Any
suggestions?

I just lined a drawer with felt last weekend. Used some Elmer's spray
adhesive. Forget the actual name but it WAS Elmer's and advertised that
it was good for fabrics, etc. and had high tack and low penetration into
fabric.

Cut and dry fit carefully before spraying and then use some blue tape to
mask the areas you don't want sprayed and go for it. Worked like a
charm for me. You sure don't need much of it to do the job.