Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Gorman

Default Woodsmith scammers

Brian Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:16:58 GMT, "Rob V" wrote:

Things like this **** me off.
I got a renewal notice today from my Woodsmith mag.
2 years for 36.00
Just for giggles I checked their website - I can get 2 years there for
$26.00.

I hate when they try to scam the ppl that support them.
Just ****es me off.

What ****es me off are all the magazines that send you the
subscription notices that say "Thank you for subscribing, you owe us
money!"

I never subscribed, you morons, I don't owe you anything.

I get a laugh from the ones that warn me my trial subscription, that I
never asked for or heard of, will expire if I don't send an outrageous
subscription fee (commercial magazine) and a shipping and handling fee
on top of that will expire. the 4 duplicate warnings are almost as
funny. They could probably give away the rag if they didn't send out so
many warnings.
Joe