Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

Default Toolstation .My First Order

The message
from Stuart contains these words:

Well done. It's only by complaining that they know there's a
sufficiently annoying problem that needs attention.

Yeah...They phoned me at home after I sent TS an e-mail telling them
that the parcel had arrived today and the girl thanked me for letting
them know as thats the only way they get to find out such things .

There's an old dear round here who was complaining that They (the
council) hadn't repaired the pavement outside her house. I asked her
when she'd told them about it. "Oh, but they have someone who checks on
these things, don't they?"

She really believed that there's someone whose job is to walk round the
streets all day looking for things that need fixing. Just possibly many
years ago, but certainly not now.

OK, it could be built into someone else's job - like the street
sweepers, but since you don't get one of them very often (unless you
ring up and tell 'em there's a mess that needs clearing up) then that
wouldn't help much either.

--
Skipweasel