Posted to rec.woodworking
Fly-by-Night CC

Default Hey Swingman - You've Been Plagurized!

In article ,
"Swingman" wrote:

Of the two features in the kitchens I put in the houses we build, the
toe-kick drawers, along with the elevated dishwasher cabinets, seem to be
the ones that most women go gaga over. The toe-kick drawers are so well
hidden that they must be pointed out, so we generally leave one partially
pulled out during open houses ... must be an HGTV spy around?

I've had an idea in the back of my noggin' for some years now and will
try to put it in our updated kitchen - if it ever happens.

Our kitchen has a cooktop, must be only 3 or so inches in thickness -
current one is gas, but the previous was an electric with similar depth.
I think it would be a very convenient thing to have a pull-out wood
cutting board built into the cabinet immediately below the cooktop. Not
only would it be good for chopping at the stove and an added work space
for pots and pans but a shield for toddlers and small children from
getting burned or turning on the gas, flame or element via any
forward-mount knobs.

The idea originated with the pull-out board on the other side of the
kitchen next to the wall oven and under the microwave cabinet. Our
cabinets appear to be site-built c. 1960.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the
Corporate States of America and to the
Republicans for which it stands, one nation,
under debt, easily divisible, with liberty
and justice for oil."
- Wiley Miller, Non Sequitur, 1/24/05