Posted to misc.consumers.house
Ed

Default Ready made footings ?

I would be backfilling against a construction tube anyway wouldnt I ?
The ready made could be place on the truck bed and rolled off at
location.

On 29 Mar 2006 16:27:13 -0600, (Todd H.) wrote:

Ed writes:
Is there such a thing as a ready made footing ? I am going to be
putting in a deck, here in the north east the requirements are 3 foot
deep concrete footings for deck collums, I have mixed concrete before
and If I could get some ready made ones loaded on my truck and roll
them off where I can have the holes dug it would make life easier!

I don't know, but I'm guessing the detracting issues might be:

prohibitively heavy to transport

no practical way to backfill around them with dirt tightly
enough to make them solid supporting structure without
shifting. Poured footing by definition will expand to fit
tightly in any hole.