Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default Demolition

"~^Johnny^~" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:39:56 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

One good handy man with a couple of helpers should be able to do it. It
ain't rocket surgery, but it would be a good idea to have at least one guy
who knows what he is doing, or they may REALLY demolish the place. There
are all kinds of things in those walls .......... water pipes .......
electricity ........ cables ....... vents ......... and they are easy to
screw up. Getting those things fixed if they are unintentionally
demolished
will defeat your cost cutting efforts.

Most major remodels I've been on have involved much re-routing of
plumbing and wiring anyway, especially where kitchens and/or baths
are involved.

--
-john

Agreed. I just meant to say that hiring inexperienced people and giving
them instructions to "demolish" this might not be a good idea. And even
people who know what they're doing goof up. One could say "just tear
everything out", but I wouldn't.

Steve