Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad

Default ELECTRIC Oven Repair Info Needed

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 03:47:48 -0500, mm wrote:

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:19:46 GMT, Vince
wrote:

Hello:

I have a WHIRLPOOL (1974 era) electric oven, MODEL: RYE1300Y2 and
SERIAL M351 80369.

The top element is not heating up.

Can someone point me to instructions on how to remove and replace the
top element ?

How do you know it is the element, and not the broil/bake switch?

On my Kenmore, my broil/bake switch failed and I couldn't broil, I
think it was.

Or even the wiring?

Put a meter on it's terminals.
With the oven ON, use the AC volts function. If there's 110vac
and no heat, then the element is bad. If there's no voltage, then the
problem is elsewhere.

Or, with the oven unplugged, use the resistance function -- should be close
to zero ohms.