Posted to alt.home.repair
Vince

Default ELECTRIC Oven Repair Info Needed

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 03:47:48 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:19:46 GMT, Vince
wrote:

Hello:

I have a WHIRLPOOL (1974 era) electric oven, MODEL: RYE1300Y2 and
SERIAL M351 80369.

The top element is not heating up.

Can someone point me to instructions on how to remove and replace the
top element ?

How do you know it is the element, and not the broil/bake switch?

On my Kenmore, my broil/bake switch failed and I couldn't broil, I
think it was.

Or even the wiring?

Thanks.

de ~ Vince ~
LONG ISLAND, NY

Well, at this point I really don't know if the cause is other than the
element. However, I believe that the element is more common a failure
than the switch and certainly more common than wiring. Once I have
the element in hand, I might be able to observe an open or detect an
open with an ohmmeter.

First step is to get instrux on disassembly so that I may access the
required component/areas.