Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Gorman

Default Woodsmith scammers

Leon wrote:
"Zz Yzx" wrote in message
Huh.

SBC CALLED ME me a few months ago, and offered to increase my DSL
speed and cut my bill to less than half ($49.99/mo to $19.99/mo, or
something like that) . All I had to do was commit to 2 more yrs.

The guy who called asked me "Have you ever asked for a renewal of your
promotional rate you got when you signed up"? And then said "You
should do that whenver the promotial rate expires".

I renew my commitment every year. I only had to commit for 12 months and
ultimately am paying less. I went from $24.95 for reg DSL to $29.95 for DSL
Pro last year. Today I got DSL Pro for $19.95 for 12 months. Had they been
smart they would have simply continued billing me for the $29.95.

Chances are whoever called with the offer for the 'new improved service'
gets a percentage of it. Continued billing would only profit the company.
Go figure.
Joe