Alan Raisanen

Default History of Machine Tools

Great link, Mark! I am wasting a lot of time looking around in this archive.
Thanks! :-)

Al

"Mark Fields" wrote in message
Hate to mention this, but we received word last week that G&L's foundry is
closing permanently.

There is some possibility that our foundry would get some of the work. I
work at the former Cincinnati Milling Machine Co. (or Milacron) foundry,

now
known as Cast-Fab Technologies, Inc.

If you'd like to see some historical photos of the machine tool industry,
please go to:

http://memory.loc.gov/

Click on the search link and type into the search bar "Milling machines

and
machine castings" WITH the quotes. You will get a hit for a number of
photos of the foundry in 1942. The foundry is not identified, but it is

the
Cincinnati Milling Machine Co. foundry. The reason it was not identified

is
because it was early on during WW2 and there were fears that sabotage or
bombing would take place so the foundry name was kept secret.