Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb

Default Covering rubble

In message , Chris Bacon
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
Andrew Mawson writes
I may have to cover perhaps a 1/3 acre of builders rubble that a
previous owner has used to infill a small valley (amazingly with
planning permission it being greenbelt) with soil to return it to a
semblance of normality.

The proper solution would be to lay a membrane before spreading the
soil. Allows the water through but retains the soil.

He could "blind" it... I don't fancy wackering 1/3 acre, though...

No:-)

It could probably be rolled (highway construction type) for less the
cost of laying membrane though.

I think a bigger problem will be finding/affording soil to put on top.
The cheap solution of further tipping may not be available. Site
licence, insurance, access, neighbour complaints, requirements of waste
authority, etc.

Subsoils from development may be ideal but getting consents a major
obstacle. A chat with local waste management officers might be
informative.

regards

--
Tim Lamb